Lamb Chop Vindaloo
An Indian curry dish by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 60 minutes
- 3 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- 3 slices of lamb chop
- 4 red chillies soaked in water and drained
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 large cloves peeled garlic
- 2 inch fresh chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Soak the chilies in hot water for 30minutes.
- In a heated pan, add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and cardamom to roast.
- Put the roasted mixture into a blender, add in turmeric, red chillies, garlic, ginger, salt, sugar and apple cider vinegar. Blend into a paste.
- Marinate the lamb chops with 2 tablespoons of the blended paste. Refrigerate chops overnight to marinade or at least 30minutes.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and add in onions, fry until translucent. Mix in the remaining blended paste and continue to fry.
- Reduce the heat and add in the water. Continue to fry until the oil has split, then set sauce aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil and grill the lamb chops.
- Serve lamb chops with sauce. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Share it with your friends.