Lamb Meatball Salad
A perfect appetizer to start off by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1x 410 grams can of Ardmona whole peeled tomatoes
- 500 grams lamb mince
- 1 cup of fresh full fat ricotta, strained if needed
- 1 small handful of fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced + 2 extra for the sauce also minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A handful of grated parmesan + extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 4 handfuls of rocket
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small handful of parsley finely chopped
- 4 sliced of sourdough, very thinly sliced
- For the sauce heat oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat and add the capsicum and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until soft. Now add the 2 minced cloves of garlic, the paprika and then the tomatoes, filling the emptied can half way up with water and adding it. Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down to low, and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- For the meatballs mix the meat with ricotta, breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, oregano, Parmesan and salt and pepper. Combine well and roll walnut sized balls. Repeat the process. Carefully place them into the sauce, cook for 15-20 minutes with the lid on, turning everything 3-4 minutes.
- Wipe the pan clean and brush a little oil on each piece of bread. Over a medium heat toast each piece of bread until crunchy and golden.
- Mix the rocket with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Place a generous mound on each plate with the toasted sourdough. Add the meatball and sprinkle with extra Parmesan and parsley.
Share it with your friends.