Try out this delicious Indian-inspired lamb recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pulling from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 4 servings
- 500 grams lamb, diced
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- ½ tablespoon cumin, ground
- ½ tablespoon coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 centimeters piece ginger, grated
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500 milliliters vegetable stock
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup thick natural yoghurt
- Brown rice, for serving
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and garam masala. Heat oil in a large saucepan, brown off the lamb, set aside. Add blended spice mixture to the pan, fry off until fragrant.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon stick, coriander and cumin, stir-fry before adding tomatoes. Add lamb back to the pan with stock until just covered. Simmer for 30mins. Stir in spinach and yoghurt. Take off the heat and serve with steamed brown rice.
Share it with your friends.