Savor this simple and fragrant rice recipe by Tiffani Thiessen from Dinner at Tiffani's.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, taking care not to let them color, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat with the oil. Add 3 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Let sit, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mint to the rice and toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped mint.
Share it with your friends.