Aromatic and zesty rice by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 15 minutes
- 5 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- 2 cups plain cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons of raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Sailt for seasoning
- Finely slice onions, kaffir lime leaves lengthwise and slit the green chilli.
- Heat a skillet on low heat and add 2 tbsp oil, toss in the peanuts and roast for about 5-7 minutes. Remove peanuts from skillet and set it aside.
- Add mustard seeds into the skillet to cook in the same oil.
- Once the mustard seeds start to crackle, add green chilli, curry leaves and onion into the mix.
- Add in more oil at this point to properly sauté the onions.
- Add turmeric powder. Stir well for a minute.
- To the skillet, add in peanuts, kaffir lime leaves and salt. Combine well.
- Take the skillet off the heat and remove green chillies from the mix.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest and rice. Stir well to mix.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve.
Share it with your friends.