Lentil & Tofu Meatballs
Try out this quick and healthy meatball recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 10 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
- 300 grams of hard tofu
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cos lettuce, separated into cups
- Green tahini:
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor add the tofu, onion and garlic and blend till course. In a large mixing bowl mix together the remaining ingredients with the tofu and roll into medium sized balls.
- Heat olive oil over medium-heat in a frying pan, add meatballs to the pan, cooking on each side until cooked through.
- To make the tahini, combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve in lettuce cups with a green tahini drizzle.
Share it with your friends.