Macadamia, Cauliflower and Turmeric Soup
Dish out this light and easy vegetarian soup recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 4 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, cut finely
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, soaked overnight, drained
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock (or 1 tablespoon miso paste + 1 cup boiling water)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt
- Chives, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a deep based saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and leeks, sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly coloured. Add cauliflower and turmeric to the pan and sauté for 4-5 min until slightly brown. Add enough stock to just cover the cauliflower, the softened macadamia nuts, and the shredded kaffir lime leaves, bring to the boil and cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Reduce heat, add coconut milk remove from the heat and puree to liking, season to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with extra crushed nuts, a drizzle of olive oil and chopped chives.
Share it with your friends.