Mackerel and Green Olive Salsa
Whip by this fish recipe by Justin Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 2 whole mackerel cutlets (bone in centre)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ a long green chilli, sliced
- 2 cups good quality Sicilian green olives, pitted
- 150 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
- 60 milliliters (⅓ cup) good quality sherry vinegar
- 2 anchovies
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Lemon to serve
- Peel the cloves of garlic and place in a small pot with the chilli. Cover with the oil (reserving 1 tbs) and gently warm over on a very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Puree the olives with the garlic and oil in food processor. Add vinegar, anchovies, parsley, shallot and a good amount of cracked pepper.
- Heat remaining oil over a medium to high heat in a large frying pan or brush oil on a grill pan. Gently lower the fish into the oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Once cooked, drain the fish on the paper towel.
- Serve fish with a dollop of the salsa and a wedge of lemon.
Share it with your friends.