Madeleine Lime & Mint Cupcakes
Cupcake treats by Kristen Tibballs from Everyday Gourmet
- 12 servings
- 80 grams egg yolks (4 egg yolks approx)
- 70 grams CSR caster sugar (a)
- 80 grams egg whites (4 eggs whites approx) - at room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 85 grams CSR caster sugar (b)
- 10 grams lime zest
- 5 grams fresh chopped mint
- 5 grams baking powder
- 160 grams plain flour
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams CSR icing sugar
- 60 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Line a cupcake tin with squares of baking paper.
- Whisk the egg yolks, lime zest, chopped mint and caster sugar (a) in a mixer with a whisk attachment until light and creamy. Separately whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixer and, when it reaches a soft peak, slowly add the caster sugar (b).
- Add the egg yolk mixture and combine before folding through the sieved dry ingredients by hand with a spoon. Lastly melt the butter and add a small amount of the cake mixture to the butter before mixing it through the rest of the cake mixture.
- Place a generous tablespoon of mixture into each paper lining and bake at 170°C for 12 – 15 minutes or until it bounces back when touched.
- Combine the icing sugar and butter until smooth, then add in the lemon juice and zest. Drizzle on top of the cupcakes once cool.
Share it with your friends.