Mahi Mahi with Sticky Citrus Sauce
A quick and easy fish recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 4 x 150 grams fillets of mahi mahi
- Zest of ½ an orange, ½ the flesh segmented and the juice of the orange squeezed
- Zest of ½ a lime, ½ flesh segmented
- Zest of ¼ of grapefruit or pomelo, ½ segmented
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar + 1 tsp. extra
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cucumber, sliced on an angle
- Rice, to serve
- Place the zest of all the citrus, the juice of the orange, ginger, sugar, soy, and vinegar into a pot. Bring to the boil. Once thick and sticky, remove from the heat and add the citrus segments. Keep warm.
- Combine the cucumber, extra vinegar, chilli and 1 tbs. of oil.
- Drizzle oil over fish and season with salt and pepper. In a large pan or on a bbq, grill the fish for 1 ½-2 minutes on each side.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with rice and cucumbers.
Share it with your friends.