Mama's Scalloped Potatoes
A tasty potato dish by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 20 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- Cooking spray
- 340 grams evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose seasoning salt, such as Spike
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, flour, paprika, seasoning salt, nutmeg, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add the potatoes, onions and zucchini and toss to coat, making sure to separate the vegetable slices.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, distribute the vegetables evenly, and then flatten the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until crispy on top and the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to set. Garnish with green onions before serving.
Share it with your friends.