Mandaean Spiced Duck
Savor this delicious duck recipe by Adrian Richardson from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 2 hours
- 2 to 4 servings
- 1 whole duck
- 1 orange, zest and juiced
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Mandaean spice mix (cinnamon, clove, black pepper, ginger, sweet paprika, cardamom and nutmeg)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spices, olive oil, garlic, turmeric, zest and juice, pomegranate molasses and coriander.
- Season the duck with salt and pepper in the cavity and around the duck. In a large hot pan, brown the duck on each side.
- Pour the mix over the duck and into the cavity. Stuff the duck with the squeezed orange and lemon. Cover with lid and place into the oven at 180C for 1 hour. Then remove the lid, and cook for another 30-45 mins basting a few times.
- Rest for at least 20-30 minutes before carving and serving.
Share it with your friends.