Try this quick and easy recipe by Laura Vitale from Simply Laura.
- 5 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 3 servings
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- Kosher Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- One 28-ounce can Italian Plum Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh Basil leaves, torn by hand
- In an 8-inch saucepan, add the Olive oil along with the onion and turn the heat to medium. Add a small pinch of salt and saute until the onion softens and develops a bit of color, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes along with the sugar and oregano, partially cover the saucepan with a lid, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce reduces and deepens in color, about 20 minutes
- Remove the lid, add the basil, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 additional minutes
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before storing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month
Share it with your friends.