Marinated Flank Steak Salad
Get this quick and easy steak salad recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 12 hours
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings
- Red Onion Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ¾ cup (175 mL) canola or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 fresh apricots, cut in half and pitted
- 6 cups (1.5 L) mixed tender greens, such as Boston, or leaf lettuce
- ½ cup (125 mL) lightly toasted walnut pieces
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) crumbled Feta cheese
- Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 cup (250 mL) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 907 grams beef flank steak
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- Pulse onion, vinegar, honey, mustard and tarragon in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- While blending, slowly pour in oil until incorporated.
- If vinaigrette is too thick, whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoonsp (30-45 mL) warm water. Season to taste.
- Grill apricot halves over high heat turning once, just to soften and add grill marks, about 4 minutes.
- Slice apricot halves into half again and toss with 2 tablespoonsp (30 mL) of vinaigrette. Arrange salad greens on a platter and arrange apricots on top.
- Sprinkle salad with walnut pieces and Feta and dress immediately before serving (or serve vinaigrette on the side).
- Stir vinegar, soy sauce and mustard in a large flat dish.
- Stir in garlic and onion and pull rosemary leaves off their stem and add.
- Whisk in oil.
- Add flank steak and spoon some of the marinade (including garlic and onions over top).
- Cover dish and chill for 30 minutes up to 12 hours before grilling, turning steak once or twice.
- To cook, grill steak over high heat, about 5 minutes on each side (do not cook past medium).
- Let steak rest on a cutting board for 3 minutes before slicing on the bias (against the grain).
- Arrange steak on salad or on side plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
Share it with your friends.