Try this quick and easy marzipan fruits recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 60 minutes
- 12 hours
- 15 servings
- 2 packages natural (uncoloured) Marzipan
- Food colouring pastes
- Raw Whole wheat spaghetti ( for stems)
- Whole cloves (for bottom of pears & apples)
- Cocoa powder (for potatoes)
- Shape a scant tablespoonful of marzipan between your palms into a potato shape. Use a bamboo skewer or other tool to make “eyes” in the potato and the roll in a little cocoa powder (to replicate dirt) shaking off any excess
- Add a little orange colouring paste to a tablespoonful of marzipan and knead the colour in. Shape the marzipan into a ball between the palms of your hands and then flatten just a little. Use the back of a paring knife or a marzipan tool to press lines into the pumpkin Add a little cocoa powder or brown colour paste to a little more marzipan and shape into a thin rope. Cut a little piece off and press in to make the stem, then spiral the remaining around a bamboo skewer and carefully remove and press in near the stem to make a tendril
- Pear or Apple:
- Add a little yellow or green (or both) colouring paste to a tablespoonful of marzipan, knead it in, and shape into a ball between the palms of your hands. If making a pear, shape the marzipan to a pear shape. Use a small piece of raw, whole wheat spaghetti as the stem and push a whole clove into the bottom for the blossom end. For added dimension, dilute a little contrasting food colouring (red or orange) in a little clear alcohol or water and brush on a “blush” to the fruit
- Add a little green food colouring paste to some marzipan and knead it in. Roll out the marzipan as thinly as possible and cut out leaf shapes as desired. Use a bamboo skewer or the back of a paring knife to make veins marks on the leafs You can bend and pinch the leaves to give them dimension and set them on a tray to dry, or while still soft, press them into the other fruits as desired
- Allow the marzipan fruits to air dry for 12 hours, then store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container
Share it with your friends.