Masala Stuffed Crabs
A seafood dish filled with spices by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 25 minutes
- 3 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- 3 medium sized crabs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 - 3 stalks of coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lime
- Cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook crabs for 7 to 10 minutes on high heat.
- Once cooked, first pull the top shell off the crab, clean the shell inside out and pat it dry. Set it aside for later use.
- Remove the meat from the crab and set it aside in a bowl.
- Finely mince the garlic, onions and coriander leaves.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onions till soft. Add turmeric, chili and garam masala powder. Season with salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onions until soft.
- Then add in the turmeric powder, chili powder and garam masala. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the crabmeat then add the chopped coriander and lime juice.
- Turn heat off and scoop crabmeat filling into the crab shell. Sprinkle some coriander and cheddar cheese on top of the shell.
- Pop the crabs into the oven to bake at 180 celsius for 7 - 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
Share it with your friends.