Matt's Special Spag Bolognese
Whip up this delicious pasta by Matt Doran from Everyday Gourmet
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 grams beef mince
- 200 grams salami, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 200 grams button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup of red wine
- 3 cans of Ardmona chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olive, pitted, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful of basil leaves, torn
- 375 penne pasta
- Parmesan to serve
- In a large sauté pan add half the oil and sauté the meat until golden brown.
- In another pan, sweat the salami, onion, garlic, chilli, oregano, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes until soften. Add the vegetable to the meat and season with salt and pepper. Add the red wine and reduce by half. Then add the tomatoes and olives and cook with the lid on for 45-60 minutes or until rich and fragrant. Add the basil at the very last minute.
- Cook pasta to packet instructions and then strain. Add to the sauce and toss. Serve with Parmesan.
Share it with your friends.