Mexican Fish Tacos
Savour this quick and easy Mexican fish recipe by Donal Skehan from Kitchen Hero.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Kitchen Hero
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 650 grams Cod fillet
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower oil
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 2 Avocados, stoned and finely sliced
- Good handful of Coriander leaves
- 1 Red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Tabasco sauce
- ½ head of White cabbage, finely shredded
- Sea salt
- 12 x 15cm diameter Corn tortillas, warmed through
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- For the Salsa
- 250 grams Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin Olive oil
- Sea salt and ground Black pepper
- To make the salsa, mix together the ingredients in a serving bowl and set aside
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium-high heat
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper and ground cumin in a bowl.
- Dust the fish fillet with the spice mix
- Brush the grill with the oil and cook the fish for 4–5 minutes on either side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the accompaniments for the fish by arranging the sour cream, lime wedges, avocado slices, coriander leaves, red onion and cabbage in serving bowls. Squeeze a little lime over the avocado and set everything aside on a large serving platter with a little bottle of Tabasco
- Carefully remove the fish from the pan and break it apart with a fork. Place the flakes in a serving bowl and season with sea salt to taste. Sprinkle with coriander leaves
- Add the warm tortillas to the serving platter and assemble little bits of everything in the tortillas. Wrap up and enjoy!
Share it with your friends.