Meyer Lemon And Honey Panna Cotta
Get this quick and easy pana cotta recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- Panna Cotta:
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder (10 ml), or 4 sheets of 2 grams soaked in cold water
- 1½ cups of milk (375 ml)
- 1½ cups of 35 % cream (375 ml)
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped and pod
- 1 Meyer lemon zest, cut into thick strips
- ½ cup of honey (125 ml)
- Wedges of Meyer Lemon to garnish
- Meyer Lemon Caramel:
- 1 cup powdered sugar (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30 ml)
- Juice from 1 Meyer lemon (See above)
- 3 tablespoons 35 % cream (45 ml)
- Supreme of Meyer lemon
- For the Panna Cotta:
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of cold water. Let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan.
- Add the vanilla seeds and pod, lemon zests and honey (keep the lemon juice for the caramel).
- Slowly bring to a boil.
- Add the gelatin and continue cooking until it’s completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let zests infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve and divide into 4 glasses. Put it in the fridge and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- For the Caramel:
- Heat the powdered sugar in a saucepan on low heat until it melts and turns into a golden colour, about 5 minutes.
- Add in butter, lemon juice and cream.
- Turn off the heat, and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- For the Serving:
- Serve the panna cotta with the lemon caramel sauce and supreme of Meyer lemon to garnish.
Share it with your friends.