Create your own bread with this recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 500 grams of Bread flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300 milliliters milk
- Pinch of sugar
- 7 grams instant dried yeast
- 100 milliliters of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Sesame Seeds, to garnish (Optional)
- Place 50ml of luke-warm milk into a bowl with the yeast and a pinch of sugar and flour and allow the yeast to activate for 10-15 minutes. You will know it is active once it starts to bubble.
- Combine the flour and the salt into a mixer bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture, the remaining milk and oil. With the dough hook attached, begin to mix the ingredients. Once the dough forms, knead for 5 minutes until it is soft and pliable and detaches from the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and rest for 1 hour in a warm part of the kitchen.
- Knock the air out of the dough and place on a floured bench. Divide the mixture into 80g balls and arrange on to a lightly oiled tray. Rest for another 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Brush the buns with a little egg yolk and a few tablespoons of milk. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds (Optional) and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the buns are golden.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
Share it with your friends.