Mini 'Blini' Pancakes with Lemon & Chives
Enjoy this quick and easy dessert recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 12 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ cup 1% or 2% Milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 large Egg yolks
- 4 large Egg whites
- 1 cup plain Greek Yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Lemon zest, divided
- 113 grams multi-coloured ripe Tomatoes, finely diced
- Salt & pepper
- For the pancakes, stir the flour, chives, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the milk, butter, lemon juice and egg yolks together and add this to the flour mixture, whisking to combine (a few lumps are OK.)
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites on high speed using electric beaters (or in a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment) until they hold a medium peak when the beaters are lifted. Add these all at once to the batter and fold in quickly.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease it lightly. Drop small spoonfuls of batter (or use a small ice cream scoop or squeeze bottle) onto the pan and cook for about 90 seconds on each side. Transfer to a parchment-lined tray and repeat until all of the batter has been used. The pancakes are best served warm, but can be made ahead, stored chilled and reheated in a 300 °F (150 °C) oven until warmed.
- For the toppings, stir the Greek yoghurt with half of each the chives, lemon juice and zest, and add the remaining chives, lemon juice and zest to the tomatoes, and season both to taste. To serve, spoon a little of the tomatoes onto each pancake, top with a little yoghurt and serve
Share it with your friends.