Miso Ginger Roast Beef with Mushroom & Garlic Japanese Fried Rice
Get this delicious japanese cuisine recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking For Love.
- Stir Frying
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
- 2 kilograms Beef fillet
- 5 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground Black pepper
- 2 meters butcher’s twine
- 2 tablespoons Ginger (grated)
- 6 tablespoons Miso paste
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 cup Shimeji mushrooms
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ cup Garlic (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Spring onions (sliced)
- 4 cups Japanese rice (cooked)
- ¼ cup Japanese soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees celsius.
- Tie around the beef every 5 centimetre with butcher’s twine.
- Rub oil on beef, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until internal temperature reads 52 degrees celsius. Once ready, take it out of the oven and let it rest.
- To make the dressing, add ginger, miso, mirin, and sesame oil in a pan. Stir occasionally.
- To make the fried rice, heat vegetable oil in a wok.
- Fry garlic until crisp, then remove.
- Fry mushrooms, spring onion, then add the rice.
- Add soy sauce and stir. Serve with sliced beef and pour the dressing over.
Share it with your friends.