Mixed Fruit and Mustard Meatloaf
A twist on meatloaf! Try this recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 500 grams turkey mince
- 250 grams fatty pork mince
- 100 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped and cooked until very soft in a pan over low heat
- 1 tablespoon hot English mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 handful of mixed fruit, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 egg
- 8-10 slices of streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 1.2L loaf tin with bacon, ensuring there is enough to run off the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together and well combined.
- Place the meat mixture into the loaf tin and put the loaf tin in a larger baking dish with high sides and fill ⅔ of the way up with water.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and rest the loaf tin in the water for 20 minutes before serving.
- This can be served hot or cold. I love to serve it with relish and buttered soft bread.
Share it with your friends.