Mixed Green Salad with Roquefort Dressing
Party perfect salad recipe by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 20 minutes
- 10 to 12 servings
As seen on Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- Mixed Green Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves torn or cut into pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Roquefort Dressing:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- 227 grams Roquefort cheese, grated
- Milk, for thinning, optional
- For the salad:
- Combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots in a bowl.
- For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, stir to combine the mayo, sour cream, onion salt, garlic powder and white pepper. Lightly stir in the cheese until just combined. If the salad dressing to too thick, it can be thinned with a little milk.
- Serve the salad on salad plates and drizzle dressing over top.
Cook’s Note: This recipe makes a large quantity of dressing. Store leftover dressing, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Share it with your friends.