Mixed Nut and Prune Mini Tarts
A one-bite treat by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 12 servings
- 375 grams shortcrust pastry
- 100 grams prunes, pitted and chopped
- 100 grams dried apricots chopped
- ½ cup duo almonds and cashews, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
- 300 milliliters thickened cream
- 50 grams butter
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Cardamom powder
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Roll pastry so it is 2mm thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut 6cm rounds and line a greased mini 12-hole cupcake tin with the pastry rounds. Place individual pieces of baking paper into the pastry and weigh down with dried pulses or rice. Bake into the oven for 15 minutes before removing the paper. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry shells a golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the caramel sauce, combine the sugar, cream and butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until mixture just comes to the boil and becomes thick. Remove from the heat and add the fruit and nuts, orange zest, cardamom, salt and cinnamon.
- Cool a little before spooning into the tart shells.
Share it with your friends.