Molten Choc-Chunk Brownies
Enjoy this quick and easy vegetarian dessert from Donna Hay's Basics to Brilliance.
- 20 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 16 servings
As seen on Donna Hay: Basics to Brilliance
- 1 cup plain (all-purpose) Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- &frac113; cups caster (superfine) Sugar
- 175 grams unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 125 grams dark Chocolate, chopped
- Place the flour, cocoa, both the sugars, the butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until smooth
- Add the chocolate and stir to combine
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F)
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper
- Spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until the brownie is set
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the tin. Makes 16
- If you’re not serving the brownie warm, let it cool in the tin, then turn out and slice into squares. It’ll continue to set in the tin, but stay soft and fudgy in the centre
- The two types of sugar in these brownies work their magic in different ways. Caster sugar lends sweetness and helps create a smooth and crispy top. Brown sugar adds to the luscious moist centre
- Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week
- + The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the touch.
Share it with your friends.