Molten Chocolate Cakes
Get this quick and easy molten chocolate cake recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 serving
- ½ cup Butter, plus more to butter the molds
- 180 grams (6 oz) Dark Chocolate
- 3 Eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup Sugar (80 ml) plus more for the molds
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Flour
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until pale and thick, about 5 minutes
- Pour the melted chocolate in the egg mixture and mix well. Blend in the flour, just until combined
- Butter and lightly sugar four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out the excess sugar. Divide the batter among the molds. Cook's note:(At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). Bake the molten chocolate on a tray for 8 to 10 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite ice cream
Share it with your friends.