Mustard Chicken Schnitzel
A crispy chicken recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra 2 tbs.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons good quality balsamic olive oil
- In a shallow bowl add the Dijon mustard, yolk, thyme and Cajun spice. Scatter breadcrumbs onto a plate. Place the chicken on a large piece of baking paper and pound with the back of pan to flatten out. Brush each piece of meat with mustard and then place in the breadcrumbs. Firmly press in the crumbs so they stick to the chicken. Heat 2 tbs. of oil over a medium to high heat in a large non-stick pan. Cook the chicken on each side for 2 minutes or until evenly golden brown. Remove from the heat rest on a rack.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and toss through the parsley, balsamic and extra olive oil. Season with salt and serve with schnitzel.
Share it with your friends.