Not Just For Breakfast Smashbrowns
Try this quick and easy potato recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 2-3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes and garlic in salted water until almost done, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the shallots in tablespoon of canola oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Coarsely mash the potatoes and garlic.
- Add the sautéed shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil on medium in a frying pan.
- Add the potato mixture and fry until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Using a large spatula, flip the potatoes over and continue cooking until golden brown, another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Share it with your friends.