Get this quick and easy nut dessert snack recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 15 servings
- ¼ cup Water
- 1½ cups Sugar
- ½ cup White corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1½cups lightly toasted Nuts, such as peanuts, cashews and/or pistachios
- Pinch coarse Sea salt
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly grease it. Ready all the ingredients before you start cooking the sugar
- Bring the water, sugar and corn syrup up to a boil over high heat and continue to boil, uncovered until it is a light amber colour and occasionally brushing down the sides of the pot with water Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the butter, baking soda and vanilla, taking care for the steam. Stir in the nuts and spread this on the prepared baking tray, spreading to disperse the nuts evenly. Sprinkle the brittle with sea salt and let cool completely to room temperature before cracking to eat or use as a dessert garnish
- The brittle will keep in an airtight container for up to a week
Share it with your friends.