Orange Marmalade Crumble Bars
Treat yourself to this simple and tasty dessert recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 36 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Using electric beaters or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar and start on low speed to work it in, and then increase the speed to medium-high beating until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough comes together. Prepare the cookies as below.
- Add the orange zest to the cookie dough, when beating the butter and icing sugar together. Shape the dough into 2 discs, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Lightly grease and line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper so that the paper comes up the sides.
- Use a box grater to grate the chilled cookie dough. Press about two-thirds of this into the bottom of the prepared pan and then spread the marmalade over top. Sprinkle the remaining grated cookie dough over the marmalade and press gently. Bake for about 45 minutes, until you can see browning at the edges. Cool the pan on a rack completely before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into squares.
Share it with your friends.