Try this quick and easy Indonesian grilled fish cake recipe by Rinrin Marinka from Back to the Streets: Jakarta.
- Deep Frying
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 3 servings
As seen on Back to the Streets: Jakarta
- 500 grams pounded and ground Tenggiri (Mackerel) fish
- 2 Egg whites
- 12 minced Shallots
- 5 minced Garlic
- 150 grams Tapioca flour
- 300 millilitres Coconut milk
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- 50 grams Ice
- Peanut: ground peanuts, vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Red Chilli: minced garlic, vinegar, ground Chillies, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Tauco (Fermented soybean paste): Sweet tauco (fermented soybean paste), vinegar, coconut sugar (gula merah), jeruk limo (lime), minced garlic, ground chillies, cabe rawit (chilli padi).
- Chinese chives
- Banana leaves
- In a big bowl mix ground fish add ice until its tight and fully mixed, add the bumbu, then add the eggs and coconut milk little by little, while kneading and mixing it put some ice in the bowl to make the dough tight and cold.
- Then spread it in a tray, let it cool for a bit.
- When it’s cold get a cookie cutter and cut it to the shape you desire.
- Take a few and deep fry it until its golden.
- Take about 4 or 5 and steam it.
- Some of it grilled to have that otak otak style.
- Serve it with the 3 sauces.
Share it with your friends.