Oven Baked Tomato Risotto
Dish out this simple yet delicious rice recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 55 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 2 punnets bellino tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180C, on a baking tray, lay bellino tomatoes in one layer, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, bake until well roasted.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, add garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes before adding celery, cook until soft. Add rice to the pan and stir well.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, stock and half the parsley, combine well. Cover with a lid or transfer to an ovenproof dish, place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with extra parsley, feta cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Share it with your friends.