Oven Roasted Tomato and Fennel Soup
A hearty vegetable soup by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 45 minutes
- 5 to 6 servings
- 2 medium carrots
- 250 grams fennel
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pods garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 cup water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking cream 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Corriander for garnish
- Chop carrots and fennel into even sized cubes. Cut tomatoes in half. Crush garlic pod, leave skin on. Cut fresh turmeric into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a baking tray, place tomatoes cut side facing down, carrots, fennel and garlic. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are char-grilled.
- Remove skin of garlic after roasting.
- Heat a pot with butter on low flame. Add in the bay leaf, cloves, and fresh turmeric. Stir all the spices with the butter.
- Add the grilled vegetables into the pot, season with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaf and add in the water.
- Using a hand blender, puree to a smooth blend. Bring it to a light boil.
- Drizzle cream (optional) and garnish with corriander. Serve.
Share it with your friends.