Oxtail Red Curry Tacos
Serve up this tasty and simple taco recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 40 minutes
- 4 hours
- 6 to 10 servings
- 3 teaspoons White Pepper Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 10 - 15 Dried Red Chillies, rehydrated
- 12 Cloves of Garlic
- 5 Shallots
- 1 inch Lemongrass Root
- 3 Coriander Root
- 1-inch Galangal, sliced preferably young
- Zest of 1 Kaffir Lime
- 1 teaspoon Thai Shrimp Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 1 kilogram Oxtail
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 3 Lemongrass
- 2 tbp Fish Sauce
- ½ cup Sugar
- To assemble:
- 1 tub Sour Cream
- 8 - 10 Soft Taco Wraps
- 2 Lettuce, shredded
- 3 bunched Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 3 Tomato, diced
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Pinch of Salt
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toss in the white pepper, cumin and coriander seeds to toast until fragrant, while continuously stirring the pan.
- Once toasty, toss the spices into a mixer grinder after cooled and blitz until powdery.
- Next, add in the rehydrated chilies, garlic, shallots, lemongrass root, coriander root, galangal, shrimp paste, salt, water and zest of kaffir lime
- In a pot, add in oxtail, kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass. Leave simmering over medium heat for 3 hours.
- Remove the kaffir leaves and lemon grass to discard.
- Remove the oxtail into a bowl to fork meat off the bones.
- Place the oxtail meat back into the pot, along with spice paste, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer until sauce has reduced.
- Spoon sour cream into a piping bad and set aside.
- Mix tomato and coriander together with salt and juice from the lime.
- To assemble, start with taco wrap, then add shredded lettuce and tomato salsa and top it off with forked oxtail meat.
- Drizzle sour cream and garnish. Serve.
Share it with your friends.