Pan-fried Polenta with Agrodolce Sauce
Try out this simple yet tasty recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 2 hours
- 2 servings
- ½ cup instant polenta
- 2-3 cups water
- Olive oil, for lightly frying
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic, cloves crushed finely
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- To make the polenta in a heavy pot, bring the water to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta stirring constantly. Turn the heat down and stir for approx. 2-3 minutes until mixture comes together.
- Pour polenta into a greased baking tray, spread evenly, press baking paper onto top and cover with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight until chilled and set. Take polenta out of the tray, cut into squares or rectangles.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook polenta for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To make the sauce, in a saucepan, heat olive oil add onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, add vinegar, honey, sultanas and pine nuts, and stir until honey dissolves and sauce is thick. Add pinch of salt, stir and take off the heat.
- Serve polenta with a spoonful of agrodolce sauce, chopped parsley and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Share it with your friends.