Try this quick and easy pasta carbonara recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Chef Michael's Kitchen
- 454 grams package of Penne or any pasta
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 150 grams package of Pancetta, chopped
- 125 grams package of Prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup of Mascarpone cream
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch of fresh Oregano, chopped
- Splash the olive oil into a skillet over medium heat
- Add the pancetta and prosciutto cook, gently sautéing and browning until crisp, about 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mascarpone cream, eggs yolks, Parmesan and oregano
- Cook the pasta in lots of boiling salted water until it is tender yet chewy - al dente - 8 to 10 minutes
- Drain the pasta but don’t rinse it or wash the pot just yet!
- Return the cooked noodles to their cooking pot and toss in the cooked pancetta and prosciutto
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the hot noodles, allowing the heat of the freshly cooked pasta to immediately thicken the works into an egg yolk rich cheese sauce
- Serve and share pronto!
Share it with your friends.