Pate Sablee (Tender Tart dough)
Try this quick and easy tart dough recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 2 hours 10 minutes
- 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 1 hard-boiled large eggs yolk
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups cake and pastry flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth
- Push the hard-boiled egg yolk through a sieve and stir the raw egg yolk and vanilla into it. Add this to the butter mixture and stir until blended
- Add the flour and salt to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Shape the dough into a disc (it will be very soft), wrap in plastic and chill until firm, about 2 hours
- The dough can be prepared and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before using
Share it with your friends.