Try this quick and easy pastry recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups Cake & pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- By hand, with electric beaters or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and beat well, then add the vanilla
- Sift the flour and salt into the bowl and mix until the dough comes together (it will be soft) Shape the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until set, about 2 hours Alternatively, the dough can be made in advance and frozen, thawing in the fridge before rolling
Share it with your friends.