Check out this yummy dessert recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 20 minutes
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 to 8 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 4 cold Egg Whites
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Corn-starch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 750 milliliters Whipped Cream
- 200 grams Strawberries
- 3 Passionfruit
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Combine egg whites and salt, whisk using a hand mixer until foamy, then, add vinegar and continue whisking until soft peaks have formed.
- Add sugar bit by bit until meringue is shiny and stiff peaks have formed.
- Toss in vanilla extract and fold gently to combine. Sift the corn-starch into the same bowl and repeat folding everything together.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Use some meringue mixture to glue paper on to tray to hold it in place.
- Form little bowls of pavlovas, about 2-3inches wide, using a spatula. Leave some space between bowls to leave room for expansion.
- After baking for 75 minutes, ensure that its dry. Then, turn off the oven and crack open the oven door slightly to allow the oven to cool down gradually for 30 minutes.
- Whip cream in a cold metal bowl with a hand mixer.
- Slice strawberries and scoop out passionfruit flesh into separate bowls and set aside for topping.
- To assemble, place a generous dollop of whipped cream in the hollowed middle of the pavlova, then top with sliced strawberries and passionfruit. Serve.
Share it with your friends.