Peppered Tamarind Prawns
Try out this fast and easy prawn recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking for Love.
- Stir Frying
- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 200 grams Tiger Prawns
- 5 tablespoons NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, bruised and cut into 8 centimeters lengths
- 8 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 Spring Onions, cut into 5 centimeters lengths
- 3-4 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 120 grams Tamarind Pulp
- 250 milliliters Warm Water
- 2-4 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- Coriander Leaves, to garnish
- Dissolve the tamarind pulp in 150ml warm water, then strain to obtain tamarind water. Set the tamarind water aside.
- Heat the NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil up in a wok or large saute pan over a high heat. Add the lemongrass and keep stir frying for 30 seconds to release the flavour. Add the garlic and stir fry, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add 100ml water, the tamarind water, 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar and fish sauce. Be sure to stir as the sauce is simmering. The remaining sugar can be added later if more sweetness is needed.
- Add the prawn pieces to the wok, tossing until the prawns are red. Then toss in the spring onions and combine all the ingredients well.
- When the prawns are almost cooked, turn the heat off. Stir the black pepper and white pepper into the sauce. Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Share it with your friends.