Petai Crème Brûlée
Try this quick and easy savory dessert recipe by Malcolm Goh from Back to the Streets.
- 12 hours 30 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 8 servings
- 100 grams Brown sugar
- 6 Egg yolks
- 90 grams Caster sugar
- 550 millilitres Cream
- 200 millilitres Santan (Coconut milk)
- 5 Petai
- Boil the petai for 1 minutes in salted water.
- Remove and set aside
- Combine the egg yolks and castor sugar into a bowl and mix well until sugar has dissolved
- Heat up the cream and pour into the egg and sugar mixture
- Blend the mixture together with the petai and pour into ramekin moulds
- Bake at 175°C for 25-30 minutes on a tray with water half filled up
- Place in the chiller and allow to cool overnight
- Sprinkle brown sugar on the surface and caramelise using a blowtorch
Share it with your friends.