Get this quick and easy pie dough recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 2 hours 20 minutes
- 12 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 2¼ cups cake and pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- Stir the flour, sugar and salt to combine in a bowl or using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cut in the butter by hand with a pastry cutter or on low speed until just small pieces of butter are visible and the mixture as a whole just begins to take on a pale yellow colour (indicating that the butter has been worked in sufficiently)
- Stir the water and lemon juice together and add this to the dough all at once, mixing until the dough just comes together. Shape the dough into 2 discs, wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before rolling. Alternatively, the dough can be frozen for up to 3 months and thawed in the fridge before rolling
Share it with your friends.