Try out this fast and easy cookie recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 20 minutes
- 18 minutes
- 36 to 48 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts (unsalted)
- ½ cup icing sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F (150 °C) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, pistachios, icing sugar, orange zest, cardamom and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the pistachios are finely ground. Add the butter and continue to pulse until the dough begins to come together – it will still be crumbly while in the food processor. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and bring the dough together with your hands.
- Scoop small spoonfuls of dough, shape each into a ball and then roll into a crescent shape. Place these onto to the prepared trays, leaving 1 ½-inches (5 cm) between them. Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes – they should only begin to brown on the bottom a little. Cool the cookies on the tray (they are fragile when they are warm.
- Once cooled roll the kipfli in a generous amount of icing sugar and store in an airtight container.
- The cookies will keep for up to a week in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.