Pistachio Saffron Ice Cream
Delicious ice cream with nuts and spice by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 30 minutes
- 8 servings
- 250 milliliters whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon saffron strands soaked in warm water
- 4 egg whites chilled
- ½ cup castor sugar or fine granulated sugar
- 4-5 dried figs chopped
- ¼ cup pistachio chopped
- Soak Saffron in 2 -3 tbsp of warm water.
- Whip cream using electric whisk till it forms soft peaks. Cling wrap the bowl and chill in refrigerator.
- Separate egg whites into a large glass bowl and add in sugar.
- Over a double boiler, heat egg whites and sugar, over simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir the egg white mixture until they are hot to touch, try putting your finger in, if it feels hot to touch its done.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the warm egg whites and sugar untill soft peaks.
- Coarsely chop pistachio and figs. Set aside.
- Combine whipped egg whites, whipped cream, pistachio, figs and soaked saffron, folding all the ingredients in together gently.
- Pour the mixture into a tin mould. Sprinkle saffron over the mixture.
- Cover the mould well with cling wrap and freeze for at least 12 hours.
Share it with your friends.