Try this quick and easy sweet snack by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- 5 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 8 servings
- 100 grams caster Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Golden syrup
- &frac112; teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups popped Salted popcorn
- Scatter the popped popcorn on a baking tray lined with either baking parchment or a silicone baking sheet
- In a deep saucepan, combine the caster sugar and golden syrup and place over a medium heat
- Let the sugar melt and caramelise to a golden brown colour
- You can swirl the pan to help it along, but do not stir!
- Take the pan off the heat, and place within close distance from the baking tray with popcorn
- Whisk in the bicarbonate of soda. The honeycomb will quickly puff up, so once the bicarbonate is combined, pour it over the popcorn in the baking tray
- Allow to set until hard. This usually takes 30-45 minutes. Break into generous shards and enjoy!
Share it with your friends.