Pork, Rose hips & Chanterelles
Try this quick and easy pork recipe by Tareq Taylor from Tareq Taylor's Nordic Cookery.
- 30 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Tareq Taylor's Nordic Cookery
- Grilled Pork neck
- 1 kilogram Pork neck
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch fresh Thyme
- 100 millilitres Lager beer
- Pickled chantarelles
- 200 grams Chantarelles
- 50 millilitres White wine vinegar
- 50 millilitres Sugar
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 10 peeled Rosehips
- Smoked mayonnaise
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon hot Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 400 millilitres Sunflower seed oil
- 1 head of Roman Lettuce
- 2 Red onions sliced thin
- Slice the pork neck into thick slices. Peel and chop the garlic and thyme. Rub the meat with the spices, some salt and the beer. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes before you place it on the BBQ
- Clean the chantarelles and place in a pot with the vinegar and sugar. Cook at medium heat until liquid is slightly sticky. Add salt and the rosehips at the end. Cool down before serving.
- Mix egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and salt
- Put the mixture in a cold smoker and smoke for ten minutes. If you do not have a cold smoker you can instead smoke the oil in a hot smoker for five to ten minutes
- Let the oil cool down before you make the mayo.
- Use a handheld blender and mix the oil into the egg mixture a little at a time. If the mayonnaise gets too thick you can add a little cold water
- For serving: Use the lettuce to make a wrap and fill it with slices of the grilled pork, pickled chantarelles, smoked mayonnaise and sliced red onions
Share it with your friends.