Potato Prosciutto Kebabs
Try this quick and easy potato prosciutto kebab recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 18 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Fresh with Anna Olson
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped green onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon (1 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 sturdy bamboo or metal skewers
- 907 grams (900 g) red mini potatoes (about 24 potatoes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red onion, cut into 1½ -inch pieces
- 8 slices Prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- For Green Goddess dipping sauce, purée mayonnaise, buttermilk, green onion, herbs and mustard until smooth. Slowly pour in oil while blending and season to taste.
- For Kebabs, soak bamboo skewers (if using) in water while preparing other ingredients.
- Boil potatoes uncovered in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Slice potatoes in half (or leave whole if small).
- Skewer an onion piece to create a base, and skewer Prosciutto on at one long end.
- Skewer a piece of potato and onion, then skewer same Prosciutto slice, so it wraps over one side of the potato.
- Skewer another potato and onion piece and fold and skewer Prosciutto, again wrapping.
- Continue this, using a second slice of Prosciutto, until skewer is full (Prosciutto will create a lovely scalloped effect around potatoes and onions).
- To heat, lightly brush kebabs with oil and season.
- On a hot grill, or over an open fire, grill kebabs until warmed through, about 6 minutes.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Share it with your friends.