Prawn Mango Curry
A mild Indian curry with fruits by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 30 minutes
- 3 to 4 servings
- 250 grams of prawns, peeled, deveined and shelled leaving tail on
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 green chili slit lengthwise
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 pods garlic
- 5 – 6 shallots
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch of tsp chili powder
- 1 heaped tbsp coriander powder
- A pinch of ground fenugreek seeds
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoon grated raw mango with skin on.
- 1 teaspoon cashew nuts halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mince garlic and ginger. Finely slice shallots. Slit the green cili in half.
- In a pestle and mortar, lightly crush fenugreek seeds. Set it aside.
- Then also crush halved cashew nuts in the pestle and mortar. Add in a tablespoon of water to make it smoother.
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss in mustard seeds and allow it to splatter. Reduce the flame and add in curry leaves and green chili to sauté.
- Add in the ginger and garlic, followed by the shallots. Continue to sauté until onions have turned translucent.
- Reduce heat to the lowest & add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and crushed fenugreek seeds. Mix it well then add in the grated mango and prawns.
- To the pan, add in the cashew nut paste until it has blended well with the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in hot water, followed by coconut milk over a medium heat. Once it starts to boil, take the pan off the heat and serve.
Share it with your friends.