- 10 minutes
- 1 serving
- For the Dressing:
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of anise liqueur
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- For the Salad:
- 2 fennel bulbs, fronds reserved, thinly sliced on mandolin
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut in segments
- Pour the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, marmalade, fennel seeds, vanilla, liqueur, curry powder, salt and pepper to your blender and pulse to create a smooth vinaigrette.
- Toss the thinly sliced fennel with about one quarter of the vinaigrette.
- Keep the remainder in the fridge for your next salad.
- Finish by adding the orange segments and reserved fronds.
- Serve and share.
Note: a mandolin is a classic French cutting tool capable of very thin slicing, these slices are the key to the lightness of this salad. The salad is still very good made with normally sliced fennel, just slice as thinly as possible.
Share it with your friends.